How to decorate your student room: tips and selection of affordable items!
Hey!
I hope that my previous article about brunch made you drool and we're here today to talk about decorating! As you know - or not - I'm currently in Scotland for my studies and I've chosen a student residence in Glasgow to spend my year there. However, even if my residence is very nice and clean, the room remains impersonal. To really feel at home, it was essential to bring a personal touch and to decorate my room as I wanted it to be. Nevertheless, I had to respect the fact that I couldn't make holes in the wall, make do with the size of the room (14 m2), and above all not spend too much as most of what I bought was going to stay in Scotland !
The shops I prefer to find inspiration and cheap items are :
- IKEA
- Primark
- H&M Home
- Tiger
- Poundland
My advice to personalize your interior is to bet on small decorative pieces. Indeed, in a student room you should avoid overloading the spaces with imposing objects at the risk of giving the impression of a smaller apartment and not having enough room for what is really needed. So we say goodbye to trinkets.
So we're going to concentrate on objects that will be useful, trendy and that can easily fit in with the rest of the decor. What I prefer is to focus on neutral tones (grey, beige, ...) and combine them with natural fabrics (linen, canvas, ...). You can then add some more colourful touches (pale pink, water green, duck blue, mustard, ...) to complete the whole.
And here you know all about how I imagine my decoration in my room!
I leave you now with a selection of decorative items to make your student room a little cocoon, at a lower cost!
RÅSEGEL, TABLE LAMP — £6
MARKFROST, Table lamp, marble black — £12
Linen And Cotton Buttoned Double Duvet Set — £25.00
INGRUN, THROW GREY, 130X170 CM — £8
INGABRITTA, THROW, PALE PINK, 130X170 CM — £19
Washed linen cushion cover — £8.99
Velvet cushion cover — £6.99
TOFTLUND, Rug, white, 55x85 cm — £7
I love this little basket so much that I bought it for myself to make a laundry basket, good idea, no?
BILD, Poster, Green vibes, 40x50 cm — £10/4 pack
FEJKA, Artificial potted plant with pot,6 cm 3 pack — £4/3 pack
SKURAR, Candle holder, grey, 11 cm — £2
SKURAR, Plant pot, off-white in/outdoor, off-white, 10.5 cm— £2
I love diverting the use of these 2 pots to organize my office and bathroom!
BLOMDOFT, Scented block candle, grey,— £4.50/3 pack
I hope this article has given you some ideas and tell me in comments which are your favorite stores to shop for your decorations!
Kisses and see you next week for a new article!
Kisses and see you next week for a new article!
















That's so inspiring, I didn't know what to do during the lockdown so I'll just plan to renew my room with your ideas ! Thank you !
ReplyDeleteOh thank you for your comment ! Do not hesitate to share with us the result ! :)
Delete