Things to do when you are bored !
Hey Hey !
First, I hope you and your loved ones are doing well during this complicated period. Between the information that is constantly looping around and the anxious atmosphere that prevails, I wanted to propose a subject that I hope will allow you to think about something else.
With the period of confinement, you have to find something to do every day, and it's not that easy. BUT ... I've prepared a list of activities that will help you pass the time.
1 - Spring cleaning
And yes, no more excuses to put it off... But I assure you that it is going to make you feel better to clean, all your room/apartment/house.
To avoid demotivation but above all so that the pleasure lasts longer (that's what we're looking for), we stagger the cleaning days over a few days.
For example, you can do it room by room or step by step.
2 - Make your own household products
We continue with the same theme with our home-made household products. The advantages of making them yourself are numerous: it is more economical, more ecological because the products are more environmentally friendly and there is less waste produced.
You will find many tutorials on the internet to make laundry detergent, fabric softener, disinfectant, dishwashing liquid, and more!
3 - Sort your clothes and organize your dressing room
I always put off sorting through my closet. But now I have to do it and I know how good it feels to have a tidy wardrobe!
Here is my organization to be efficient (because I tend to lose patience while sorting).
I select the first pile of clothes in my closet and divide it into 3 categories :
- what I keep:
I ask myself 3 simple questions:
- does it fit me?
- do I still like this item?
- am I going to wear it again? YES or NO, (no maybes, no "I don't have the opportunity but if one day...", it's NO)
If there's a no, then we put it in one of the following two categories.
- what I sell:
It's a good time to create an account on the many second-hand sales applications. Plus, you can make yourself a little jackpot for the next sales!
- what I give:
Giving a second life to your clothes to people who need it is so rewarding! Look on the internet for the nearest clothing collection bin, you're bound to find one near you!
Put away the pile you keep in the wardrobe and go on with the others!
After this good sorting, you can reorganize your wardrobe according to the seasons. At the beginning of each season, we put away in boxes what we won't wear anymore (we put away winter jackets or summer tops) and we keep what we can still wear.
And there you have your wardrobe, sorted out and you have room for new acquisitions!
You can use the same method to sort your jewellery, shoes, accessories, bags, etc!
4 - Sort your beauty products and medications
After sorting in your dressing room, we'll sort in the bathroom and your medicine cabinet!
For beauty products, we throw away everything that is outdated.
Then, we can give away beauty products that we don't use and that are not open to associations and we only keep what we still use.
For medicines, we throw away all expired medicines ! We separate the cardboard and the leaflets in the recyclable bin and take the rest back to the pharmacy.
5 - Sort your mailbox and computer
You may or may not know it, but 1 email kept 1 year in your mailbox is the equivalent of a light bulb lit for 1 hour. Pollution caused by overloaded mailboxes is enormous and we have the means to limit it! So we delete all unnecessary emails and above all we unsubscribe from all the newsletters that we find cumbersome.
Secure websites such as Cleanfox make this task easier for you.
Cleaning up your computer is also a big job. You probably have large files that clutter up your storage. Take the time to sort all this out, it will be a good thing to do!
6 - Sort your photos
Whether stored on your phone or computer, you're sure to have thousands of photos. So to lighten your storage, delete all the failed photos you have in duplicate and only keep the ones that bring back fond memories!
7 - Creating photo albums
Now that we've sorted our photos, we take advantage of the opportunity to create our own photo albums (family, travel, etc.). Websites like Cheerz or Photobox, allow you to make them online and print them.
It takes a little time and patience, but you'll be delighted to leaf through her photo albums that you no longer look at because they were in the meanders of your phones.
8 - Adopting new recipes (which will help us if there is a shortage)
With the time we have now, we can test all the recipes we want. Some recipes are so simple that I'm sure you'll adopt them in your daily life post-confinement. Here is a little list of recipes that I'm sure will inspire you!
- pie dough: shortcrust, shortbread (no more excuses for not making good homemade pies)
- fresh pasta and gnocchi (it takes a little time and cleaning, so it's perfect!)
— sushis
- homemade "cordon bleu" (it's so goooood when it's homemade)
- jars of compotes, jams, tomato sauces, ...
For even more recipes, check out my article on my recipes for preparing a brunch!
9 - Learn how to sew (hem, buttons, stitch, ...)
It's the kind of thing that we need to know how to do and that can save us.
How to make a hem, how to sew a button and simply make a stitch, there are thousands of tutorials on the internet and YouTube to help you!
So get to your needles!
10 - Catch up on your series (Netflix we love you)
No need for an explanation for that, you now have all the time you want to catch up with your series and start new ones!
the series I love:
- Peaky Blinders
- Lucifer
- Designated Survivor
- Murder
- 10% / Call my agent
- The Umbrella Academy
- Cheer
Don't forget ! The 4th season of the Casa de Papel will be released on April 3 !
11 - Create your playlists
It's one of those things that we don't necessarily do, but it changes our daily life, making and organizing our playlists. Think about the themes of each of them (by type of music, by mood, for sport, for meditation, ...) and name them with an expression that inspires you. You just have to select your favorite music and record it in the appropriate playlist.
Now you have no more excuses to stay in bed during this confinement! With all these ideas you'll be able to keep yourself busy for the next few days!
Tell me about your favorite activities of the moment and share this article with your loved ones so that they too can enjoy these ideas!
Kisses and above all take care of yourself!
First, I hope you and your loved ones are doing well during this complicated period. Between the information that is constantly looping around and the anxious atmosphere that prevails, I wanted to propose a subject that I hope will allow you to think about something else.
With the period of confinement, you have to find something to do every day, and it's not that easy. BUT ... I've prepared a list of activities that will help you pass the time.
1 - Spring cleaning
And yes, no more excuses to put it off... But I assure you that it is going to make you feel better to clean, all your room/apartment/house.
To avoid demotivation but above all so that the pleasure lasts longer (that's what we're looking for), we stagger the cleaning days over a few days.
For example, you can do it room by room or step by step.
2 - Make your own household products
We continue with the same theme with our home-made household products. The advantages of making them yourself are numerous: it is more economical, more ecological because the products are more environmentally friendly and there is less waste produced.
You will find many tutorials on the internet to make laundry detergent, fabric softener, disinfectant, dishwashing liquid, and more!
3 - Sort your clothes and organize your dressing room
I always put off sorting through my closet. But now I have to do it and I know how good it feels to have a tidy wardrobe!
Here is my organization to be efficient (because I tend to lose patience while sorting).
I select the first pile of clothes in my closet and divide it into 3 categories :
- what I keep:
I ask myself 3 simple questions:
- does it fit me?
- do I still like this item?
- am I going to wear it again? YES or NO, (no maybes, no "I don't have the opportunity but if one day...", it's NO)
If there's a no, then we put it in one of the following two categories.
- what I sell:
It's a good time to create an account on the many second-hand sales applications. Plus, you can make yourself a little jackpot for the next sales!
- what I give:
Giving a second life to your clothes to people who need it is so rewarding! Look on the internet for the nearest clothing collection bin, you're bound to find one near you!
Put away the pile you keep in the wardrobe and go on with the others!
After this good sorting, you can reorganize your wardrobe according to the seasons. At the beginning of each season, we put away in boxes what we won't wear anymore (we put away winter jackets or summer tops) and we keep what we can still wear.
And there you have your wardrobe, sorted out and you have room for new acquisitions!
You can use the same method to sort your jewellery, shoes, accessories, bags, etc!
4 - Sort your beauty products and medications
After sorting in your dressing room, we'll sort in the bathroom and your medicine cabinet!
For beauty products, we throw away everything that is outdated.
Then, we can give away beauty products that we don't use and that are not open to associations and we only keep what we still use.
For medicines, we throw away all expired medicines ! We separate the cardboard and the leaflets in the recyclable bin and take the rest back to the pharmacy.
5 - Sort your mailbox and computer
You may or may not know it, but 1 email kept 1 year in your mailbox is the equivalent of a light bulb lit for 1 hour. Pollution caused by overloaded mailboxes is enormous and we have the means to limit it! So we delete all unnecessary emails and above all we unsubscribe from all the newsletters that we find cumbersome.
Secure websites such as Cleanfox make this task easier for you.
Cleaning up your computer is also a big job. You probably have large files that clutter up your storage. Take the time to sort all this out, it will be a good thing to do!
6 - Sort your photos
Whether stored on your phone or computer, you're sure to have thousands of photos. So to lighten your storage, delete all the failed photos you have in duplicate and only keep the ones that bring back fond memories!
7 - Creating photo albums
Now that we've sorted our photos, we take advantage of the opportunity to create our own photo albums (family, travel, etc.). Websites like Cheerz or Photobox, allow you to make them online and print them.
It takes a little time and patience, but you'll be delighted to leaf through her photo albums that you no longer look at because they were in the meanders of your phones.
8 - Adopting new recipes (which will help us if there is a shortage)
With the time we have now, we can test all the recipes we want. Some recipes are so simple that I'm sure you'll adopt them in your daily life post-confinement. Here is a little list of recipes that I'm sure will inspire you!
- pie dough: shortcrust, shortbread (no more excuses for not making good homemade pies)
- fresh pasta and gnocchi (it takes a little time and cleaning, so it's perfect!)
— sushis
- homemade "cordon bleu" (it's so goooood when it's homemade)
- jars of compotes, jams, tomato sauces, ...
For even more recipes, check out my article on my recipes for preparing a brunch!
9 - Learn how to sew (hem, buttons, stitch, ...)
It's the kind of thing that we need to know how to do and that can save us.
How to make a hem, how to sew a button and simply make a stitch, there are thousands of tutorials on the internet and YouTube to help you!
So get to your needles!
10 - Catch up on your series (Netflix we love you)
No need for an explanation for that, you now have all the time you want to catch up with your series and start new ones!
the series I love:
- Peaky Blinders
- Lucifer
- Designated Survivor
- Murder
- 10% / Call my agent
- The Umbrella Academy
- Cheer
Don't forget ! The 4th season of the Casa de Papel will be released on April 3 !
11 - Create your playlists
It's one of those things that we don't necessarily do, but it changes our daily life, making and organizing our playlists. Think about the themes of each of them (by type of music, by mood, for sport, for meditation, ...) and name them with an expression that inspires you. You just have to select your favorite music and record it in the appropriate playlist.
Now you have no more excuses to stay in bed during this confinement! With all these ideas you'll be able to keep yourself busy for the next few days!
Tell me about your favorite activities of the moment and share this article with your loved ones so that they too can enjoy these ideas!
Kisses and above all take care of yourself!












Really good article ! I love this blog :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment ! I hope you'll like the following articles ! Subscribe to it to be notified when a new article is out ! :)
DeleteThank you Camille, your article really helped me during this period ! :)
ReplyDeleteThat what I wanted : help people ! very happy if it helped you !:)
Deletewhaou!very interestig article :)Looking forward to seeing others !!
ReplyDeleteOh that's so sweet ! Thank you and I hope you'll like the following ones ! :)
Delete